The latest stable released version of XNAT is 1.6.4, released on 17 November, 2014 (note: 1.6.4 was originally released on 10 November, but had a small emergency fix slipped in and the release bundles were then updated).
The following major areas of functionality were fixed or added in this release:
- Custom user groups and feature roles were enhanced and made generally available. User groups have always been available in XNAT. The standard access restrictions in previous versions of XNAT, with project owners, members, and contributors, were implemented using XNAT’s user group support. However, XNAT administrators and developers had no way to access, modify, create, or delete user groups. These functions have now been exposed through the project management functions.
- Limited scripting and event trigger support is now available. Currently this is only available in the ScriptedSessionAssignmentExtractor class, but more information on how to access and leverage this capability will be available soon.
- Non-expiring user accounts (e.g. for pipeline processing daemons and the like) are now available.
- Projects are created as auto-archive projects by default.
- Many other security-, performance-, and usability-related bugs were also resolved. See the XNAT 1.6.4 Resolved and Closed Issues spreadsheet for a list of the issues that were resolved in the 1.6.4 release.
Full XNAT 1.6.4 release notes are available here: https://wiki.xnat.org/display/XNAT16/XNAT+1.6.4+Release+Notes
The latest version of XNAT can be downloaded here: http://www.xnat.org/download-xnat.html